2020 has been a challenging year for many. At Learning Economy Foundation, the unprecedented difficulties the year brought also shone a light on the wonderful community we have at LEF. We thank you for your support!
We’ve reached key milestones in the last year, from starting an entire movement, to developing radical new technologies that will help transform education for the better. Here’s a list of some of our progress:
- At Davos, we announced the Internet of Education, and in November we launched the IoE Guiding Principles!
- Alongside MIT’s Digital Credentials Consortium, we’re supporting the development of a W3C specification for wallets and verifiable credentials, Universal Wallet 2020.
- We began a partnership with the LEGO Foundation, and will be using the W3C wallet to create gamified delivery systems for education.
- We joined the Learning Credential Network, with allies IBM, National Student Clearinghouse, and Western Governor’s University, to create a scalable blockchain learner credential network.
- We worked with the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation T3 Innovation Network to create the Learning and Employment Record (LER) Resource Hub, showcasing nearly 30 blockchain Learner and Employment Record Pilots.
- We facilitated stakeholder coalitions and collaborative labs to help seed and roll out full-stack blockchain education and employment ecosystems in Colorado (C-Lab), Broward County (Broward Equity Co-Lab), and the Asia-Pacific (AP-Lab).
- We joined the IEEE Interoperable Learner Record Working Group, where hundreds of partner organizations are developing a universal framework for Learning and Employment Records.
- We’re working with the World Bank to continue and expand the great work started by their EVOKE project, collaborating with a world class community of practice to develop new tokenized education economies and credentialing infrastructures in 2021.
As we move forward into 2021, we'll continue to build partnerships and tackle some of education’s greatest challenges. We hope you'll join us! If you're interested in learning more or want to help support our vision, please reach out!
Happy New Year!